Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Hold Me Closer, Commuter Dancer

Ok, so I often dance in the car on my way to work. Judge away, however, it really is just a good way to start and end the long, sedentary day in the cubicle. Today, I'm acting a little bit like a crack monkey while I wait for a decision from Teach for America (eeeek!). So, as I wait for 8 pm (who picks 8 pm as a notification time?), I have a lot of extra energy to expend. On the commute in, I turned up the Beyonce and rocked out only to be met with a middle finger on the on-ramp. REALLY? Who flips someone off for car-dancing? I know it wasn't particularly skilled or really all that attractive, but a middle finger? Not really an appropriate response to some morning joy. I can be as cynical as the next disgruntled commuter, but c'mon people. Absurd.

PS: When car dancing to the office, one should always stop before driving past boss-man's huge corner office windows to avoid a full morning of ridicule and impersonations. Just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment